Monday, May 14, 2012

MRE Monday - Fried Rice

I have been slacking lately on doing the reviews of MREs. At this rate, I have enough on hand to do a year's worth of reviews.
Nutritional Information:
Calories:220     
Calories from fat:80
Total Fat 8g - 12% DV
Saturated Fat 1g - 5% DV
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg - 0% DV
Sodium 490mg - 20% DV
Total Carbohydrate 32g - 11% DV
Dietary Fiber 2g - 8% DV
Sugars 1g
Protein 4g
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 2%
Iron 2%


I'm not going to even do a full review on this product. It's lousy. It slid out of the package onto the plate. Maybe about half a cup. Two bites for me was enough and my wife, who loves rice, only had one bite. At least my dog ate it. Here are my final thoughts: If you know someone with an APO address and they might be eating MREs, send them a care package.

3 comments:

  1. This is good to know. It is almost time for my monthly order and I had Fried Rice on the list.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you heat it up first? I heard good reviews of MRE fried rice. All entrees should be heated first for best taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we heated it up, but still didn't like it.

      Delete