Saturday, June 2, 2012

Tyler Bend - Buffalo National River

 America's First National River


I was going back through some old photos on my computer and ran across these of Tyler Bend on the Buffalo National River. This public campground is on the middle section of the river, which means the river is good for canoeing year round. The Bull Shoals dam on the White River affects the water level of the Buffalo National River's lower half because the dam is located near the conflux.


The campground is nice. I prefer going during the middle of the week, so that I see fewer people. The campground has a visitors center, bathrooms, and water.


Here are a few links that are a lot better than what I could do:

National Park Service

Recreation dot gov

Buffalo River Outfitters : I have not personally used them, but have heard good things.

Map : Great overview of most of the Buffalo National River.


This campground is accessible for all vehicles.

Keep Right On - K