Sunday, August 30, 2015

Banking Creativity...

The slow collapse of our economy will bring about new fees and taxes so that the government and companies can maintain their cash flow. For example, my saving account at a local bank decided that all savings account that have been dormant for 6 months or more will be assessed a maintenance fee of $6.00/month. While $6.00 a month is a small amount, the total cost for one year is $72.00 for digitally maintaining an INACTIVE account.


I proceeded to head to the bank, and closed the account. When the teller asked why, I replied that "I can hold my own cash for $72 a year without paying any interest." (She had my permission to quote me.)

Keep a close eye on your finances as companies and the government will gradually try to pass along new schemes to part you from your cash.

Keep Right On Prepping - K

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up. Take care and God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always "new and improved" ways to separate us from our money.

    ReplyDelete