- Roaches like warm moist places to nest and breed.
- A egg poach will take 30 days to hatch.
- Most roaches use eggs to hitch a ride from place to place.
- The other way is from crawling in from outside.
- If you see one, chances are that there are hundreds.
These are the steps:
- Clean the area really good.
- Apply a thin bead in the area that you saw the cockroach.
- The area should be undisturbed for a few days - also make sure that it can be recleaned.
- Under the lip of the counter, along the back splash, and around the sink are good areas.
- They will seek out the bait and take it back to the nest.
- Let bait stand for about three days.
- Clean up the gel bait.
- Reapply in 30 days to kill newly hatched roaches.
- Follow procedure again if any more are sighted.
Future posts will deal with ants and rodents. Sanitation will be a big issue in an emergency that I haven't seen a lot of sites discuss.