Pack what you think you might need, then hope you don't have to use them. Assess what you used, and what would have been nice to have on hand. Each person's first aid kit will be different, but similar.
Due to emails and requests, I have updated this page.
- Hard Case Container: I have used a Ziplock baggie in the past to shave a few ounces, but prefer the harder case to protect the contents. I have broken too many items to justify the weight difference.
- Small Mirror: It can also double as an emergency signal device.
- Duct Tape Strips :attach these to the outside of case in a few layers.
- Neosporin Antibacterial Cream
- Knuckle Band-aid
- Large Band-aid
- Butterfly Closures
- Pencil nub and paper for notes
- Fingernail clippers
- Tylenol ( 1 per day of trip ): fever reducer and pain reliever
- Aspirin ( 1 per day of trip ): fever reducer and anti-inflammation drug
- Benadryl if allergic to bees and wasps
- Alcohol swabs: doubles as eye glass cleaner