Thursday, August 22, 2013

My New Joke

This week I have been on portables during clinical rotations. Portables means pushing around a 500+ pound portable x-ray unit to the patients room so that you can take their "picture". This stock photo should give you an idea of what they look like:



There is a pecking order according to the color of the scrubs at our hospital, The cleaning people and kitchen help wears black, the OR surgeons wear a light blue, x-ray students wear an awful Caribbean Blue, and doctors wear white. My theory is that the lighter the color, the higher the achieved status among the hospital employees. It never fails that the white-coated doctors congregate, or walk four wide in the hallways, and help us all if they are politely asked to step aside.

While we were waiting on the elevator, I asked the x-ray tech:
K: If a group of whales is called a pod, what do you call a group of doctors?

X-ray Tech: I don't know.


K: In the way.

Maybe, one day I'll have to accidentally run over a few doctors.


Keep Right On Prepping - K

2 comments:

  1. I have two doctors in my immediate extended family. Low self esteem is not among their issues.
    They like to give orders.
    They are not happy if you do not do what they say.

    Must go with the territory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they teach that in their first semester of doctoring.

      Delete