Saturday, November 2, 2013

.22 LR Available for Shipping

I know that many of my readers have been having a hard time finding .22LR so I thought that I'd pass along this link. I might make for a good Christmas present for a family member that is a shooter considering availability Warning: They are priced at 12 cents each which is a little high, but this is the cheapest box of 500 that I could find. I did find a few 100 ct boxes for 9 cents, but shipping really put them out of frugal range.



http://www.midwayusa.com/product/813992/norma-usa-tac-22-ammunition-22-long-rifle-40-grain-lead-round-nose-subsonic-box-of-500-10-boxes-of-50

The best shipping price that I got was around $15.00 which put it at .15/round.

Order at your own risk. Personally, I'll wait until I can order a whole lot and reduce my per round cost or a free shipping promo. Anyways, I thought that I'd share...

Keep Right On Prepping - K

9 comments:

  1. I honestly can't believe the price of ammo. Some years back I bought a wood case with two "spam cans" of Russian .22 LR. I think there were 6000 rounds in the case. I bought it from Sportsmans Guide and I paid about $150.00 for it including shipping. I have about half of it left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya about the prices. I don't see them going down, so I just keep buying at today's reasonable prices. I think that I might get a better return than the stock market, if I started to invest in ammo instead.

      Delete
    2. At least you won't wind up holding an empty bag like I did after 2007. If it's on the shelf in your house, you have it no matter what.

      Delete
    3. My thoughts exactly, I hope to build up enough of a supply to continue training for 2 years w/o a resupply. Hence the buy three box, and store two rule at our house.

      Delete
  2. The hubs has been finding them at Walmart FINALLY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they won't be too far behind here!

      Delete
  3. Yuuup, Im still paying 1.79 / round K. Glad I made the switch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing you, 0.0179/round for the .22 pellets is a heck of a deal. I'm gonna post a link to your thesis in a few days.

      Delete
    2. I finished the pistol last night too. It has been a long and incredibly frustrating road, but its finally done and I must admit, its pretty sweet.

      Delete