Friday, November 15, 2013

Pellet Rifle Article - Please read and provide feedback

My classmate over at Shooting Sports and Tough Times wrote a very good article on Pellets rifles for a SHTF scenario. I've been encouraging him to submit it to Survival blog, and perhaps during the semester break he'll work on it. Anyways, check out his essay, argument, and provide some feedback into what you think. We'll both be grateful for your time.


I'll be investing in two air rifles for my boys. It's a good training rifle, and a lot cheaper to shoot than 22LR.

Take Care and Keep Prepping - K

10 comments:

  1. I have been watching a show on air rifles that comes on Dish 393, can't remember which night. Some are really powerful, we aren't talking BB guns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The highest numbers Ive seen so far was a little over 1000 ft lbs. of energy (https://xp-airguns.com/-.html). They aren't the red ryder bb guns we all grew up with anymore. Some of these things pack more punch than a 44 magnum!

      Delete
  2. Agree K, I think I will make the switch for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's an air rifle club in my county. I see them on weekends, they have a range house and a range built right by the road I drive on. Shotgun News is carrying a lot more articles about air rifles. In Europe, people use them to hunt small game. I thought about it, and decided to stick to .22 LR for that type of activity, but I think that's just because I'm so old I don't trust anything that's new to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry, just of Shits and Grins, do a little digging on the Girandoni Air Rifle, you may very well be surprised about what you find regarding how "new" some of these things are.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. No problem, the article was well written and informative.

      Delete
  5. Yea, our youngest wants his own rifle for christmas, and we were looking at a youth .22 but now I think we may look at a pellet gun for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pellet rifle makes sense when you consider ammo cost. Plus, you can start with the first 4 rules of guns, and get similar gun training with a pellet rifle.

      Delete