First off, I'd like to thank everyone for reading my musings on my little part of the internet during these two years. It has certainly grown or evolved during this time and will continue to slowly morph. My reasons for prepping have remained the same: family. As a father, it's my duty to make sure that my family is fed, warm, and safe. Which translates into the Prepper mantra of beans, bullets, and Band-aids.
Ed has been moved to a step down critical care unit and will have his heart cath procedure done this week. They needed his kidney function to improve before the surgery because a contrast dye is used to light up the arteries. Thanks again for all of the prayers and thoughts.
Enjoy my first post and as always, comments are welcome.
First Post and Goals
1. A scheme, program, or method worked out beforehand for the accomplishment of an objective: a plan of attack.
2. A proposed or tentative project or course of action: had no plans for the evening.
3. A systematic arrangement of elements or important parts; a configuration or outline: a seating plan; the plan of a story.
v. planned, plan·ning, plans
fore·sight (fôrst, fr-)
1. Perception of the significance and nature of events before they have occurred.
2. Care in providing for the future; prudence.
3. The act of looking forward.
I wanted to share my thoughts and information about prepping to help others prepare. These posts will be a journey of learning, research, and more importantly action. I have a strong background in the restaurant industry, so I lean heavily towards the food aspect of prepping. I'll be trying many different recipes along the way and honest comments about the product/recipe. I have a very good background in backpacking, and good at logistics too. I'll be sharing tricks, tips, and hints from the kitchen to the field. I have been blessed with a great wife that is on the same page about prepping (except for antibiotics ) along with two young men ( ages 3 and 6 ). I have been actively prepping since September of 2011 and consider myself somewhere between rookie and veteran . I want to learn and share.