Tuesday, April 22, 2014

It Will Only Get Worse

I was at the electric coop, for the third time, trying to get them to correct the address so that the bill actually gets to me. I'm not paying a late fee. The computer system was down, so I told the clerk that I'd have a seat and wait a few minutes and see if it comes back up.

I wait about 10 minutes, and he calls me over to tell me that it is back up. While I'm sorting out the problem, and getting both bills sent to the same address. A young black woman saddles right up to me at the desk, reeking of marijuana. Not the swag, but the kind bud. The clerk looks at her and tells her that she can wait at the back of the line that is clearly marked.



I get the information corrected, and as I'm leaving I hear the "lady" (term used loosely) asking about utility bill assistance. Are you kidding me? Drug test any person receiving federal assistance.

I go to get my oil changed in the car, and the Jiffy Lube guy asks me if I want to top off the coolant, and that the driver's side windshield wiper needs replacing. I look at him, "I changed the blades last week, and I'll top it off myself."

The freeloaders and scam artists will become bolder. The slow slide will increased the pressure to separate the producers from their money: this includes the government.

Keep Right On Prepping - K

8 comments:

  1. K, those are the same folks that thought B.O. would take care of them, "free" everything. I don't know how or why, but they thought he would pay off the home loans too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was talking with a co-worker, and I self-described myself as one of the old men from the Muppets. I really hate people sometimes...

      Delete
  2. My husband would divorce me if I ever went to Jiffy Lube! LOL. In fact, tonight he has to stay after work (automotive shop) to change my oil and check my brakes. Maybe he thinks I would fall for the topping off and the new wiper blades. Ha! Never happen.

    Blessings,
    Red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a lucky woman to have a husband that works in an auto shop. It's one of the skills I wish I had, granted I can do the basic stuff, but working on a transmission or other more complicated system, and it's best to pay someone.

      Delete
    2. Hey! You can't say "black" that's racist. Only black people can say black. And my God, inferring that some people of a certain ethnic group might be freeloading. I can hardly contain my shock and dismay. In England they'd throw you in jail for that! :-0

      You ever notice that in all the adds for security systems, mace, alarms, on tv and in magazines the perps are always white? That must mean they commit all the crimes.

      Delete
  3. Drug test any person receiving federal assistance. Amen!

    Here is a good blog post that shows just how right you are about this Freeloader Nation Self Evident Truths

    Stay safe and God bless. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll look into it more when time permits.

      Delete