An Arkansas family's journey to raise three young men and preparing for life's uncertainties.
I sent a text to my wife and she thought it was hilarious.
We used to eat at Golden Corral every time we went to Chattanooga and I don't think any of us ever got sick. But it's been a long time now, and things may have changed.....
I'm still doing good...so far.
We all really need to be careful at buffets. Not only is a broad range of foods available, which may or may not be fully cooked and then removed when their maximum safe time out and available is reached. It can be hard for the restaurant itself to keep track. In addition, many customers are unsafe with the food, using fingers, coughing over trays, etc. Lastly, the amount of total fat ingested when eating a broad range of foods at such places can be quite high. This can irritate the gallbladder. Lastly, some of these buffets use fairly large amounts of MSG which is an allergen for so many of us. We got sick at one of these about two years ago, and we just haven't been able to go back.
Yes, generally I shy away from buffets because I know how nasty people can be towards their health and others. I was willing to risk it for the price though.