Friday, June 14, 2013

Welcome - How to Save Money

I'd like to welcome my newest follower, Adventures In Cord Cutting to my little part of the blogsphere.

This is a newer blog about cutting the cord, which is dropping your cable bill, but still having entertainment on the TV.

A Roku player and Netflix is all we have at our house. The Roku cost us $99 and the Netflix cost us around $9/month. No commercials and we save about $50-60/month that would have gone towards a cable bill. I'll be reading all the new information about cutting the cord, and not missing a thing.

Saving Money.
No Commercials.

What does a cable bill cost you anyways?

Keep Right On Prepping - K

4 comments:

  1. We do Amazon Prime videos and Netflix too. Loved having cable, but getting rid of it saves us $40-$50 each month. And I agree - the best part about it is the lack of commercials. The few times we watch live TV with an antenna, the kids get frustrated since they're not used to the interruptions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus the kids aren't exposed to all the consumerism in commercials. Gives you two a break from "I want that" syndrome.

      Delete
  2. I would love to get rid of my cable bill, it's $162/mo. thanks to Game of Thrones LOL!!! Now that it's over I'm going to get rid of HBO which will bring my bill down to $140something. I bundle my home phone, cable and internet so it saves me $15/mo. but it's still so high. What's a Roku? I'm going to bing that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hop on over to the new follower, and soak it all in! I love the Roku, which BTW is available through My Amazon store. (Sorry, couldn't resist the plug.)

      Delete