Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Annual Camping Trip

I'll be headed out of town with "the crew" for our annual backpacking trip tomorrow around noon. It's always nice to hang out with the guys, especially since we are all married and time is limited for these manly gatherings.




I have a few ideas for pictures, posts, and some gear review(s) for you.

A family sized tent I've used on numerous occasions will be photographed for a review. A friend is supposed to be bringing a hovercraft that could be used for security operations. A recipe for a "Dantini", which is a lemon vodka shooter, is my specialty that will be featured on this trip. I think we have a few camping recipes, I'll try to photograph for a pictorial recipe. These are just some of the ideas on the top of my head for future posts...I hope the Dantinis don't get in the way.

Oh, and the guys have no idea that I'm a prepper either, which should be interesting and an entirely different post. Last time I tried to approach the subject of preparedness, it was merciless ridiculed. National Geographic has ruined the public perception of being ready. Maybe the Zombie approach to the subject of prepping would be more receptive? Kind of ironic that we can talk openly about a fictional zombie attack, but can't talk about a realistic disaster.

Keep Right On Prepping - K ( I'll see you Sunday evening )

2 comments:

  1. Steal their food stores on the first night and wait till they are a bit hungry to talk about prepping :)

    Hope you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best for your annual camping trip. Do share more pictures of your awesome adventure. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete