Friday, March 15, 2013

Spring Break

The family is headed near Washington D.C. this weekend. We'll do some sight seeing like the National Cherry Blossom Festival, which peaks this year from March 26th to April 14th. I'm looking forward to exposing the kids to our nation's capital ( the educational side ).

Row and I will be working on some Cub Scout badges/pins on the trip.

The Mint or Smithsonian will be on the schedule.

We'll also do a day hike on the Appalachian Trail. At one time, before responsibilities, I wanted to hike the entire 2200 mile trail.

A date night out with my Sweetheart to celebrate our 8 year anniversary, which is St. Patty's Day. It's underlined because it is truly a rare event. The kids will be staying with my younger sister's family, who has been gracious enough to allow us to use their home as a basecamp.

We are trying to not plan too much, but we'll see how that goes...


We'll be heading out from our home before the sun has had a chance to rise. I'll be posting pictures along the way...so stay tuned.

Keep Right On Prepping - K

No comments:

Post a Comment