Thursday, March 14, 2013

School Tidbit

The university allows some students to take one senior level class per semester, in addition to the regularly scheduled classes, to speed things up for the degree plan. Well, I talked to the director and got her approval to take an extra class.

I then talked my favorite professor into opening up Advanced Patient Care that is only offered in the spring semester for the summer semester.

I explained to my professor that by taking her class earlier than usually scheduled, I would be better able to take care of my patients while they are in the radiology department. Secretly, I was jumping up and down inside from excitement because this is another skill set that I believe will be invaluable in the future.


 Keep Right On Prepping - K

4 comments:

  1. Is that you in the photo K? Good luck with your new class. Daughter is sailing along in her RN studies. She has her LPN but the hospitals in our area do not hire any new LPN"s. Now she is talking about going on to be a PA..Lord help us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, it's not me in the photo (close tho). I prefer the latex gloves over the vinyl ones:-)

      Your daughter is doing the right thing, they can't take her education away from her.

      Delete
  2. Yeah K! Your going to be a great healer! You have the passion for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I would consider myself more of the diagnostic side of the healing profession, but I am trying to learn all I can

      Delete