Monday, January 13, 2014

Secrets

I picked up Red Ant With Pincers early today so that we could go shopping for his brother's birthday. Row is actually getting two presents from his brother, and they are safely stored in Daddy's closet.

Yes, this is really Row, the soon to be 8 y/o

K: You can't tell Row that we went shopping for him today, okay?
Red Ant: Yeah, I know. I'll distract him when he gets home.
K: Alright, don't tell him.
Red Ant: I won't.

(Two hours later....about 5 minutes after Row gets home)

Row: So, Daddy...
K: Yes?
Row: I was wondering, where's this present in the Target bag that I not supposed to know about? Can we open it?
K: (laughing) Nope, it's for your birthday.
Row: Oh, okay.

I'll have to make sure that the youngest doesn't know too many secrets, I sense that he can be easily fooled with a Jedi mind trick.

Keep Right On Prepping - K

6 comments:

  1. As long as that is all he said. ;-)
    Happy Birthday to Row! Have a fantastic week all of you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's all he said. I asked him to keep the shopping trip a secret too! I imagine it went like this," Hey, we didn't go by Target and do birthday shopping for you."

      Delete
  2. I always liked birthdays when my kids were little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, I think I have as much fun as they do on their b-days.

      Delete
  3. I can't tell my kids anything and two of them are teenagers. If they are feeling loving or mad at one another they would spill the beans :) Happy Birthday to Row!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that some kids just can't keep a secret, wonder if it's genetic?

      Delete