Thursday, January 28, 2016

DIY Off-grid Moisture Collector Idea

In my search to make our family water independent in case of a SHTF scenario, I was thinking about the movie Star Wars.


On the desert planet of Tatooine, where Luke's uncle was a moisture farmer, it got me to thinking about building my own moisture collector.

Power: Of course, it would need a power supply, either wind or solar, and a battery system to run the unit longer, but not necessary. Easy enough to buy off the shelf systems, especially solar. The wind turbine might require more thought.

Moisture Collector: Dehumidifier can be bought fairly cheap which is basically a moisture farmer. The water can be directed into a collector device with a Berkely osmosis water filtration system, then to a clean water area for storage.

I'll do further research into how they work, and possibly tinker with my own version. The more mechanical the system the better. Most of my preparations have been geared towards a long term grid down situation or EMP event.

Here is a link to a version already on the web.

A Youtube video on another version. LINK TO VIDEO


Just an idea for your thoughts.

Keep Right on Prepping - K




No comments:

Post a Comment