Friday, January 29, 2016

You Know That You're Getting Old

Okay, I'll admit that I'm getting old. I came to the realization when I started to shake my head in disgust at how other drivers were driving. I really like my music and over the years I've accumulated a small CD collection [200-300] and every so often I get the desire to add an odd album to the collection. For example, I'm looking for the Broken Bells self titled album which is a fairly recent release. No luck. I went to five different stores in the last few days.


I'm not big on digital music sales. I'd rather have the album in my hands. A computer or device crapping out on you and you've got a headache. Plus, if it's not in your possession, it's not really yours. I can see a time when an album becomes politically incorrect, and deleted from the cloud.

The first stereo that I had in my room was my Dad's old 8-track player. I was a hipster, at the age of 14, before it was popular!  Jim Croce and Chicago are two of the big 8 track tapes that I can remember.  From 8 tracks, I went straight into cassettes, then CDs. I really don't relish the idea of accumulating/replacing my music collection.

What are some of your fond music memories?

Keep Right On Prepping - K

2 comments:

  1. When I was in college (1971-1975) at the University of New Mexico, my reserve unit had a deal with the college. We cleaned up the arena, where all the concerts were held, and we provided security. As a result, I saw every concert that came to UNM during that period. I remember seeing Emerson, Lake and Palmer and Gordon Lightfoot among others. I still have two big boxes of vinyl records I had at UNM, but I don't have anything to play them on now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd go for that, all those bands. I bet when you buy a record player, you're gonna be smiling from ear to ear with all those good memories.

    ReplyDelete