- Prepares for handwashing removes jewelry and exposes wrists.
- Uses paper towel to open faucet to provide continous running water, wets hands, keeps hands lower than elbows.
- Lathers cleansing agent in hands uses friction, washes wrists, palms,back of hands,fingertips and under nails for at least 15-20 seconds.
- Rinses under flowing water allowing water to flow down over hands.
- Use paper towel to dry thoroughly from fingertips to elbows.
- Turns off faucet with paper towel and disposes of paper towel.
- Inside of basin avoided at all times.
Thursday, October 11, 2012
How To Wash Your Hands
I know that this might seem elementary, but I learned a few things from my Basic Patient Care class. With Flu season starting to get wound up, this would be a good time to review hand washing procedures.
clipped chipped nail polish, hence the reason nurses and health care professionals nix the nail polish and long nails.