Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day Activities

Today was a nice day to be a father. I got to sleep in until 8:30, then Sweetheart made breakfast for me and the boys while I sipped on my morning coffee. I took Row to get his hair cut soon after the place opened, then came home and collected my things for the rent house renewal projects.

Mother-in-law watched the Doctor, so Sweetheart was able to finish the flower beds, and make a trip to the hardware store for a few more bags of mulch. The outside agriculture is 95% finished. I'll clear the back fence line, and chop two small trees down to finish it up. Maybe 2 hours work?

The inside of the house is moving right along. The concrete-stainers are a no go, so I'll have a vinyl flooring installed in the laundry room. It'll be cheaper in the long run, and my handyman can get it completed in two hours. The carport door area has been leveled, and the bamboo flooring in the kitchen has been extended to the living room area. It looks much nicer! Quarter round needs to be installed and I can mark it off the list.

I painted for five hours today, and that's about my limit. I tried to get by without having to repaint the ceiling, but my previous freestyle border painting says otherwise. There were spots here and there that had the old color in the ceiling area, and I couldn't just let it go. It has to look good.

I'll need to head over every day after or before work to make some good headway coming into the last weekend before my self imposed deadline of July 1st for the house being ready for the market. I'll post as I can....

The List:

  • Spray 10% bleach solution on roof moss to kill it. (2nd of 3 applications)
  • Clean the flower beds ( 2 of 3 cleaned)
  • Mulch (2 of 3 )
  • Remove refrigerator
  • Remove tile by carport entrance, level floor, and install bamboo floooring. (quarter round left)
  • 3 2 new kitchen blinds
  • 1 new blind in master bathroom
  • Paint the hallway a neutral color. (touch up ceiling wall area)
  • Install flooring in laundry room.
  • Paint outside trim around doors that were installed a year ago.
  • Pressure wash house, sidewalks, and carport.
  • Major clean up of back yard (garden area, fence line, mow, and leaves)
  • Restore hardwoods.
  • Paint the doors in the hallway.
  • Replace dryer vent under house. (trenched)
  • Install quarter round on stairs and paint.
  • Make the under the sink in the main bathroom more attractive (hide water damage).
  • Clean under carport
  • Quarter round along some walls to cover hardwood flooring gaps. ( LR, hallway, master bedroom )
  • Clear house of items. 
  • Detail window sills listed below:
  1. 3 2 windows in kitchen
  2. 2 in Row old room
  3. 1 in Red Ant old room
  4. downstairs area
  5. back bedroom
  • Wash fixture glassware (in dishwasher)
  • Repaint Kitchen
  • Dust ceiling fans
  • Label Generator Outlet
  • Bag leaves by the curb
Items added to list:
  • Cut two small trees down in backyard.
The flower beds are finally finished!

The view into the house from the front door.

Details...ergh! I hate cut in work.

The bamboo flooring mid process.
 
    
The days are numbered for the small trees in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment