- I work by myself, with very little outside pressure or job stress.
- I can listen to my lectures on my phone while working.
- I can even set my school books on the stainless steel tables to do some reading during down times.
- On Sunday mornings, a free breakfast is provided by the owner. The cooks prepare it of course, but it's free.
- The old job was happy to have me back on MY terms. (set one day schedule)
- I have lots of A/C during the summer.
- A lot of good people work there, and we get along.
- $10/hour...not a bunch, but I get to study for a few hours AND get paid. I was doing that for free at home ;-)
- The added income helps with the food budget envelope.
- I like cleaning, and always leave the job in a better condition.
We are actively looking for a new house so that Row can continue to go to the school he currently attends. Our daycare stopped the after school care, ergo our reason to get Row a transfer to a better school. Our neighborhood school is rated 2 out of 10 for educational quality and Row's current school is rated an 8. It also has an after school enrichment program that he enjoys. He takes a cooking class on Thursday, and under no circumstances "are we to pick him up early!", per Row's orders. His other classes include Legos, karate classes, art with recycling materials, and a reading class.
I've also hit my stride with school this semester (finally!) and really getting into the school work. J from school, who reads my site, and shooting partner, will undoubtedly give me a hard time for admitting this. I hoping that the winter break doesn't completely ruin me, and the last few months of school remaining. I'm looking forward to graduating, and landing a job. I'll also be a bit sad because our class has a lot of genuinely good people in it.
My wife has been truly amazing while I've been in school, and worked her tail off. I'll be glad when I can earn a bigger paycheck so that we can once again each others company without having to worry about bills, tests, and homework.