Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I thought I'd share...

My Procedures I class had an assignment to post a discussion thread about geriatric patients, this was my post:      

In The Zone

"My most recent experience with an older patient involved a chest x-ray while they were seated in a wheelchair. While I was trying to remove the armrests he was saying "Help Me", so I thought maybe he needed help. I tried to move his arm, which he was having trouble doing, and he then tried to punch me in the privates. The first time I was a little stunned and thought he was joking until he improved his aim on the next punch. Luckily, there wasn't much force behind it, but as a result, I increased my distance while still trying to get the x-ray. I'm not sure if he was suffering from dementia, but it was a memorable morning in a combat zone."

I'll be posting less frequently, since it is getting very close to the end of the semester, and I have a few grades that are "on the bubble". Three tests this Friday to end the semester, then Finals start on Monday the 10th to Wednesday the 12th.

Keep on Prepping - K

2 comments:

  1. You gotta watch out for the little old people in wheelchairs...bahahahah

    Good luck on your studies and upcoming tests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ought to receive hazardous duty pay!

    ReplyDelete