|IN FH P230 - MyChoice™ Green Peas - 6 oz|
|IN FN P130 - PROVIDENT PANTRY® Freeze Dried Green Peas - 18 oz|
The MyChoice size can (#2.5) is a little larger than a soup can (#300) and roughly a quarter of the size of the institutional size cans (#10). They also come with a pop top lid which requires no can opener. These cans will provide long term storage for the same length of time as the standard sized cans, which is 25 years under ideal conditions.
Serving Size: 1/2 cup or 28 grams
Calories from fat: 5
Total Fat: .5g or 1% DV
Cholesterol: 0mg or 0% DV
Sodium: 5mg or 0% DV
Total Carbohydrates: 18g or 6% DV
Dietary Fiber: 6g or 26% DV
Protein: 7g or 14% DV
Vitamin A: 15% DV
Vitamin C: 80% DV
Calcium: 4% DV
I love the size of these cans ( #2.5 MyChoice Cans) , because they take up less space in the kitchen, and they are the right size for a small family. They also make using the product before going bad very easy. We have only done green peas as a side dish only on a few occasions, and they didn't go over very well.
So, why would I order these?
- The nutritional value of these are very good, and the can packs around 600 calories.
- We mainly sprinkle them onto salads as a salad topping.
- They can also be added into stir fry dishes or homemade potpies when a small #300 can would be too much.
- They can also be ground up and added to spaghetti sauce to hide some veggies from the kids.
- It eliminates wasted food when doing some recipes. The added cost of the freeze-dried green peas makes up for cost savings versus the canned green peas.
- Plus, the can is a great size to sample new products without committing a large sum of money.
I am not that big of a fan of green peas, but will even occasionally snack on them freeze-dried. The green peas also retain their freeze dried qualities for a long time after the can has been opened, unlike the freeze-dried strawberries. We have been pleased with this product, and once we establish our homestead, we will be ordering a lot more.
Keep Right On Prepping - K