Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thursday Cram Sessions

Today will be devoted to Radiological Imaging, Radiographic Procedures II, and putting the final polish on Radiation Exposure. This is the first time this semester that we have had 3 BIG tests on on day. I should have spent more time on spring break studying, but I guess the proverbial grasshopper [me] has to play catch up.


We received bad news about Row's school assignment two days ago. We have been taking Row to daycare with his brother, so that he could ride the van to school. This allows us to transfer him to a much better school, because of  "transportation problems". Sweetheart and I even talked about selling our house and buying a new one in his current school assignment area to avoid him going to the ghetto school.

I called the district desegregation affairs office, and played nice with the people there. They were really helpful in figuring out what went wrong with the process, and allowed me to submit more paperwork. I think, but not sure, that I had forgotten one piece from the daycare provider. I had our daycare provider submit another form, and the problem was solved.  I got a call before lunch saying that  Row will be reassigned to his current school. He will continue to receive a much better education. 

Sweetheart took her some flowers as a thank you yesterday afternoon because she sent in the paperwork pronto.

His current school is rated an 8 on a scale of 1 to 10, and the ghetto school is being closed and turned into a truancy school. While we do pay more for Row to ride the van, we consider it a small price to pay for his education.  

We have to go through this every year too.

Most people use a relative's address to go to the school of their choice. While we try to play by the rules, it seems like honest people are always being penalized for being honest.

Keep Right On Prepping - K

The comment line is open.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not looking forward to the day I am expected to give the care and teaching of my child over to another- they are certainly not going to like ME any better than I like THEM, I expect. Kudos to bucking the system and still playing by the rules. As always, doing the right thing is more difficult than cheating. Good luck on your exams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we like to buck the system! The exam will take some time and persistence. Gotta go - lab is starting.

      Delete