Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tuesday: Project 21st Century: Finishing Touches

Well, it is barely Tuesday by about 15 minutes, and I feel like I'm keeping Mr. Rat's hours. Howdy Mr. Rat!!! I've even popped a Newcastle to celebrate the progress that has been made in the living room. Since this morning, I've removed the last of the wallpaper, painted the trim, and painted all of the walls. The big wall will need another coat tomorrow. My Mom is coming over to help paint. I had to save her something ;-)

Sweetheart went to bed early tonight. Last night, Red Ant woke us up, and she has a hard time falling back asleep, so she was kinda tired. At this point, I had just finished adding the detail work of brown paint (You know, the job no one likes to do when painting has to be done).

Anyways, I thought that I would surprise her when she woke up in the morning. The picture below is what it looked like when everyone went to bed.


There still needs to be some minor details done tomorrow, but I hope that Sweetheart is surprised by the progress. Probably not, she knows me better than myself sometimes. The boys should be excited too. They were banned from the family room yesterday, and really thought it was cool what Daddy was doing. That's another reason I pushed on into the morning. The boys get roused from the sleep, and carried into the family room to dress, then watch some TV before heading out the door. I don't want to break their routine.

(opens second beer)

I've listened to Pandora all day, and it has really helped pass the time quite pleasantly. You should check it out if you aren't familiar with it. I started with Hall & Oates for some 80's rock, and finished with some Roger Waters.


The TV is still about four feet from the wall


Looking opposite the TV.
 (The vacuum cleaner will find it's home in the closet once the path is cleared)

Just to jog the memory...

That's all I got folks....Goodnight and Keep Right On Prepping - K





1 comment:

  1. You're doing good. And, you're doing it yourself so cudos to you. Most people would just hire somebody and it would look nice when they were done but it wouldn't have the same sense of satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete